Headlines from leading news sites, revealing the humour and creativity of their sub-editors.
- Loan shark?: Fish abducted in pram from Texas aquarium is returned.
- Nefarious porpoise: frisky dolphin prompts Brittany bathing ban.
- Peppa Pig: how the ham-fisted cartoon butchered its charm.
- Greece lightening: Santorini to target overweight tourists with donkey weight limit.
- Dazed and confused: Canadians hazy over new cannabis legislation.
- French MPs force vegetarian food producers to mince their words:
Makers of ‘vegetarian sausages’ and similar items will no longer be able to use meat-related terms after new ruling.
- No picnic: Americans face encounters with black bears as population rebounds.
- Cold case: world’s northernmost settlement sees first bank robbery.
- Submarine trip to the Titanic booking soon — for those with deep pockets.
- Vinegar is the latest health drink phenomenon – but does it strike a sour note?:
It has been claimed that vinegar-based drinks can improve digestion, reduce cholesterol and aid weight loss.
- Ice cream vans scoop world record:
Ice creams vans in Crewe have gathered to set a new Guinness World Record for the longest parade of moving vans.